1. Coors put its slogan, "Turn it loose," into Spanish, where it was read as "Suffer from diarrhea".|
2. Clairol introduced the "Mist Stick", a curling iron, into German only to find out that "mist" is slang for manure. Not too many people had a use for the "manure stick".
3. An American T-shirt maker in Miami printed shirts for the Spanish market which promoted the Pope's visit. Instead of "I saw the Pope" (el Papa), the shirts read "I saw the potato" (la papa).
4. Pepsi's "Come alive with the Pepsi Generation" translated into "Pepsi brings your ancestors back from the grave", in Chinese.
5. When Gerber started selling baby food in Africa, they used the same packaging as in the US, with the beautiful Caucasian baby on the label. Later they learned that in Africa, companies routinely put pictures on the label of what's inside, since most people can't read.
6. Frank Perdue's chicken slogan, "it takes a strong man to make a tender chicken" was translated into Spanish as "it takes an aroused man to make a chicken affectionate".
7. The Coca-Cola name in China was first read as "Ke-kou-ke-la", meaning"Bite the wax tadpole" or "female horse stuffed with wax", depending on the dialect. Coke then researched 40,000 characters to find a phonetic equivalent "ko-kou-ko-le", translating into "happiness in the mouth".
8. When Parker Pen marketed a ball-point pen in Mexico, its ads were supposed to have read, "it won't leak in your pocket and embarrass you". Instead, the company thought that the word "embarazar" (to impregnate) meant to embarrass, so the ad read: "It won't leak in your pocket and make you pregnant". OOPS!
Did you know?...
Hence that's where the word F**k came from. Now, aren't you glad you learned something new today ?
A: You won't find a lawyer who can change a light bulb. Now, if you're looking for a lawyer to screw a light bulb...
Leroy's Vocabulary Test
1. HONOR ROLL - We was playin poker on the stoop the other day, man I was HONOROLL.
2. PLANET - I got me some seed to grow weed, so I PLANET in the backyard.
3. DISMAY - I went for a blood test, the doctor pulled out a big needle. He said, "DISMAY hurt a little."
4. OMELETTE - Every time I start a new job, OMELETTE go after a week.
5. STAIRWAY - When me and my homies get high, we STAIRWAY into space.
6. MOBILE - I went to buy crack, I was short on cash, my man said, "Gimme one MOBILE."
7. DEFENSE - I ran from the cops, and hopped DEFENSE and got away.
8. AFRO - I got so mad at my bitch, AFRO a lamp at her.
9. AFTERMATH - I like to be high in school, so AFTERMATH I go to the field and smoke weed.
10. LOCKET - I slam the door so hard, I LOCKET.
11. DOMINEERING - My girly's birthday was yesterday, I got her a DOMINEERING.
12. KENYA - I needed change fo the subway, so I axe a stranger KENYA spare some change.
13. DERANGE - DERANGE is where da deer and antelope play.
14. DATA - At my basketball game, I scored thirty points. My coach said, "DATA boy!"
15. COPULATE - I called 911 and an hour later when they show up, I said, "COPULATE!"
16. FASCINATE - My girly's titties are so big. Her shirt has ten buttons, she can only FASCINATE.
17. BEWARE - I asked the man at the unemployment office, "Is this BEWARE I get a job?"
18. DIMENSION - I be tall, dark, handsome and not DIMENSION hung like a horse.
19. COATROOM - The judge said, "One more outburst like that, and you'll be thrown out the COATROOM."
20. DECIDE - I like Wanda and Yolanda, but I like to have a couple of bitches on DECIDE.